If you’re a farmer, you’ve probably heard about the toxic pesticides, which are now being phased out. 

But what are they and how can you protect yourself? 

The answer to this question depends on the type of pet food you’re feeding.

If you’re fed a raw material called feedstock, such as wheat or barley, the pesticides will be absorbed through the feed. 

If you feed grains, the pesticide is absorbed in the grain and the amount absorbed varies depending on the variety. 

However, if you feed raw material such as corn, soy or wheat, the residues are less likely to be absorbed and the residues can be harmful.

So how can I avoid these poisons?1.

Avoid eating raw feedstock2.

Never eat raw feedstuff or products from animal products, such the beef, pork or chicken4.

Always use a certified organic food source when feeding raw feedstuffs, such pet foodIf you are feeding feedstock to your livestock, the best thing you can do is make sure that you don’t eat the feedstock at all.

If the feedstuff is contaminated, the feedstuff will not be absorbed.

If a feedstuffer is sick or injured, it is not possible to use the feed it has been fed.

If an animal dies, it may not be possible to contact the dead animal’s relatives to retrieve the dead feedstuff.

In most cases, feeding raw feeds to livestock will not harm them.

But some animals, such dogs and cats, can become ill if fed a contaminated feedstuff for a long period of time.

In the UK, there are no rules for handling the carcasses of these animals, and the only way to remove the contamination is to dispose of it.

You should always use a reputable, organic source for your pet food.

It is important to follow the best veterinary advice and take all necessary precautions.

You can also contact the National Pet Poison Control Centre on 01273 772 672 or 0300 111 1111 for advice.